TOWN OF DAVIE ELECTION INFORMATION UPDATE
Following the qualifying period which ended on June 17, 2022 at noon, the Town of Davie qualified five (5) unopposed candidates for the November 8, 2022, General Municipal Election.
The qualified unopposed candidates were all incumbents, and they are as follows:
Judith “Judy” Paul - Mayor, At-Large
Michelle Whitman - Councilmember, District 1
Caryl M. Hattan - Councilmember, District 2
Susan Starkey - Councilmember, District 3
Marlon Luis - Councilmember, District 4
As a result, the Town of Davie will not hold an election on November 8, 2022.
GENERAL ELECTION INFORMATION
November 8, 2022 General Election
Early Voting Locations For the General Election
Monday, October 24, 2022 through
Sunday November 6, 2022.
7am to 7pm
NOVEMBER 8, 2022 TOWN OF DAVIE ELECTION
The Town of Davie will hold its next election on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, for the Mayor (at-large) and Councilmembers for Districts 1, 2, 3, and 4. The Town of Davie Town Council consists of 5 elected officials. The Mayor is elected at large with four (4) Councilmembers designated by geographical district seats (Districts 1, 2, 3, & 4).
The Town Council serves for a four-year term.
(See Town of Davie Charter)
The qualifying period for November 8, 2022 Election
- Begins: Noon, Monday, June 13, 2022
- Ends: Noon, Friday, June 17, 2022
Qualifying for Office
- Candidates must be qualified electors in the Town and have resided in the geographical district minimum of one (1) year prior to the opening of the qualifying period. Must provide proof of residency.
- Pursuant to 99.095 Florida Statutes, a person seeking to qualify for nomination to any office may qualify to have their name placed on the ballot by means of the petitioning process.
Qualifying and Assessment Fees (99.093(1), F.S.)
A qualifying fee of 3% of the annual salary of the office sought plus a 1% election assessment of the annual salary of the office sought, totaling 4% in qualifying fees, must be paid when the candidate qualifies for office.
The annual salary of the Mayor and Councilmembers is $18,747.00. The Qualifying Fee is $749.88 (3% of the annual salary of the office sought, $562.41 plus a 1% election assessment of the annual salary of the office sought, $187.47).
The qualifying fees must be paid from the candidate's campaign account. ALL CHECKS MUST BE DRAWN ON THE CAMPAIGN ACCOUNT OF THE CANDIDATE.
UPCOMING STATE & COUNTY ELECTIONS
Primary Election: Tuesday, August 23, 2022
General Election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Voter Registration is completed through the Broward County Supervisor of Elections. Voter registration deadlines for 2022 are:
For August 23, 2022, Primary Election: Monday, July 25, 2022
For November 8, 2022, General Election: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
For more information, please click on this link: Broward County Supervisor of Elections Register to Vote
You must contact the Broward County Supervisor of Elections to request a voter database list. For more information click on this link: Broward County Supervisor of Elections Public Records
PAST ELECTION INFORMATION
- November 3, 2020, Referendum Election:
- Click on the link to view certified results: Charter Amendment Election Certified Results
- November 6, 2018, Click on this link to view candidate campaign reports: 2018 Candidate Campaign Reports