Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Updated September 3, 2020
To get answers to your questions about COVID-19, call the Broward County COVID-19 Hotline at 954-357-9500, or email COVIDemail@example.com. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, call the Hotline BEFORE visiting a doctor or any health care facility.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to impact the community, the Town of Davie will continue to prioritize the health and safety of our residents, businesses, and visitors. Our goal is to do all we can to reduce the chances of COVID-19 from spreading and ensure we provide a safe environment for the entire community.
- What is COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
- Symptoms of COVID-19 Include:
- What Do I Do if I Have These Symptoms?
- What To Do if You Get Sick?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses common throughout the world, some causing illness in people and others among animals. COVID-19 is a new coronavirus that can cause mild to severe illness.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus was first identified during an outbreak in China and has since spread to many other countries, including the United States.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are actively responding to both the national and global outbreak. The Florida Department of Health is carefully monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 in Florida and the United States.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms, you might have COVID-19. Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Keep track of your symptoms.
- If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get medical attention right away.
Your healthcare provider will work with public health and CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. We do not provide testing for COVID-19.
For the latest information visit:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
If you get sick with a fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher), cough, or have trouble breathing:
- Seek medical care. Contact your healthcare provider or county health department unless you are experiencing an emergency.
- Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room or your county health department.
- Tell your doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Do not travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your hands by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol immediately after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
If you need to seek medical care for other reasons, such as dialysis, call ahead to your doctor and tell them about your recent travel to an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
For additional questions on monitoring your health, contact your county health department.
Safer at Home Executive Orders
On March 30, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis issued a uniformed Safer-at-Home Executive Order for Broward, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties through mid-April.
Governor DeSantis also issued recently an Executive Order which directs all persons who enter the State of Florida from an area with substantial community spread, to include the State of Louisiana, inclusive of those entering the State of Florida by roadways, to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.
The Town of Davie has issued a joint Safer-at-Home Emergency Order in collaboration with every Broward County municipality. This emergency order compliments Broward County Order 20-03 directing a Shelter-in-Place: Safer at Home Policy.
Safer-at-Home means all residents are directed to stay at home as much as possible except in those circumstances outlined in Section 3 of the Emergency Order. No person shall travel or be on or upon any public right of way, including but not limited to, streets, canals, or sidewalks, within the boundaries of the Town of Davie unless they engaging in one of the permitted activities listed in Section 3.
Permitted activities include:
- Go to the grocery store
- Commute to and from work if your employer is considered an essential business.
- Go the pharmacy and other medical establishments to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments￼
- Take a walk, run or exercise – just remember to practice social distancing - this means 6 feet between you and others in the community
- Walk your pets or take them to the vet￼
Emergency Order 20-22 Broward County Implements Curfew
Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry has issued Emergency Order 20-22, which implements a curfew effective tonight and adds new restrictions to help curtail large social gatherings, including house parties, street parties, and other activities that are contributing to the community spread of COVID-19.
Effective July 17, 2020, at 11 p.m. through August 1, 2020, all of Broward County is under a curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Exemptions to the curfew include:
- Active duty police
- Fire rescue
- First responders
- News media
- Delivery or transportation drivers
- Government employees
- Persons seeking emergency medical care and medical, health care, and utility service personnel.
Also exempt are individuals traveling to and from their place of employment, returning to their homes after commercial travel, and persons walking their pets within 250 feet of their residence.
Emergency Order 20-22 Broward County Implements Curfew Emergency Order 20-22 Broward County Implements Curfew Emergency Order 20-22 Broward County Implements Curfew Emergency Order 20-22 Broward County Implements Curfew
Town Council and Community Redevelopment Agency Board Meetings will be virtually held on July 29, 2020.
Residents who receive their utility bill from the Town of Davie are encouraged to pay online at www.davie-fl.gov/UtilitiesPaymentCenter. If you need to drop off payments in-person, please utilize the drop box located on the west side of Davie Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive.
Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Buildings with Low or No Use
EPA recommends that building owners and managers take proactive steps to protect public health by minimizing water stagnation during closures and taking action to address building water quality prior to reopening.
Learn how you can maintain water quality while buildings/businesses are closed here Version OptionsCoronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)HeadlineFire DepartmentPolice DepartmentUpdates:. You can also find the EPA checklist here.
Boards, Committees and Meetings
- Planning and Zoning Board, Site Plan Committee, and all advisory committee meetings are canceled until further notice
- Pre-bid and pre-proposal procurement meetings will be held via teleconferencing.
- Quarterly vendor training sessions are suspended until further notice.
Solid Waste Services
There are no changes to the Town of Davie’s trash, recycling, and bulk trash pickup dates. For more information, please contact us at 954-797-1045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
While all Town of Davie governmental offices are closed for face-to-face business with the public, our employees are available to assist you via email or telephone. Please contact the Town of Davie via the phone directory at www.davie-fl.gov/directory
We have readjusted our operations plans to ensure that we are protecting the wellbeing of our residents, businesses, and employees. Effective, Thursday, April 2, 2020, there are slight adjustments to the hours of operations for all Town departments and divisions.
The schedule for all Town departments/divisions are as follows:
Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Administration, Budget and Finance, Community Redevelopment Agency, Engineering Services, Information Technology, Planning and Zoning, Town Attorney’s Office, Utilities Operations, Community Services Division, Fire Administration, Human Resources, Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts, Police Administration, Public Works, and Town Clerk
Monday – Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Building Division
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
Davie Park amenities open for use:
- Tennis courts are open for singles and doubles play only. Tennis courts at Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex are closed for resurfacing.
- Pickleball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Volleyball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Select basketball courts are open for individual use and limited to three people per half court. No pick-up games are permitted.
- Youth athletic leagues are able to operate by Town permit only. All leagues must adhere to Emergency Order 20-15 and guidelines provided by the leagues sanctioning authority.
- Skate Park will be open with a reduced capacity of 10 participants at a time.
Restrooms in Bamford Sports Complex will be open during permitted activities only. All other park restrooms will remain closed.
The hours of operations for Parks and Recreation facilities and parks are:
- All Town of Davie parks and open spaces are open for passive use except for Peaceful Ridge Dog Park due to construction.
- Parks and open spaces are open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. daily.
- Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex is open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 9 p.m. Monday – Friday and will be open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Park restrooms will not be open.
- Operational changes still in effect at parks include the suspension of facility rentals, transactions at parks, youth and adult programs, and activities at community centers.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- All organized recreation programs and events are suspended
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people are not allowed
- Dog parks
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor Gymnasiums
- Outdoor fitness equipment areas
- Playgrounds and play areas
- Pavilions and shelters
- Splash pad
Pine Island Fitness Center
Open for members and residents. The daily drop-in rate will apply to all non-members.
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Pine Island Aquatics Center
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. (reservation only)
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (reservation only)
- Sunday: Closed
The swimming pool is open for lap swimming and swim team practice only. Lane reservations must be made in advance. Members and residents are given priority.
To ensure lane availability, reservations should be made within the specified timeframes below:
- Members five days in advance
- Residents three days in advance
- Non-residents one day in advance
- To make reservations, please call 954-327-3926.
Facebook Social Network
- The Town of Davie Youth Baseball Season has been canceled. Anyone who previously registered for the league will receive a full refund in four to six weeks.
- The Town of Davie Youth Flag Football Season has been postponed. A new start date for the program has not been determined.
- Facility rentals and special events at Town facilities are canceled through the end of July.
- All organized activities including adult and youth sports travel sports, recreation programming, special events, and senior activities are suspended under.
- Davie Golf and Country Club is closed.
Child Care Programs Update:
According to Emergency Order 20-15, allows youth activities, including summer camps, to operate including at museums, parks and while visiting County beaches effective 12:01 a.m Monday, June 8, 2020 ( Read Attachment 16). It is recognized that these activities provide members of the community with opportunities for exercise and entertainment; however, they must occur under safe conditions during this continuing public health crisis.
Broward County Parks have reopened with restrictions Effective April 29, 2020 - Click here to read more
All fire stations, including Fire Administration, are closed to walk-in visitors. If you have an emergency, call 911. Non-emergency phone number is 954-797-1213.
The Town of Davie Police Department is running at full capacity to protect and serve the people of Davie. To help alleviate social distancing concerns regarding COVID-19, Police are providing some options to Davie Citizens
- Please continue to call 911 for any emergencies or life-threatening incidents or “in progress” crimes – our response efforts will remain the same
- For non-emergencies, call 954-693-
- The Police and Fire Rescue Explorer program is suspended.
- Special Magistrate meetings will be postponed.
- Police Athletic League activities and aftercare are canceled.
Due to a decrease in ridership following COVID-19, we have adjusted the hours as follows:
Blue Route 1: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Blue Route 2: 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Green Route: 8:35 a.m. to 5:05 p.m.
SFEC Shuttle: SFEC Community Shuttle will resume its normal route schedule effective Thursday, June 4, 2020, Riders must wear face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines (6 feet apart).
View updated schedule here: https://www.davie-fl.gov/quicklinks.aspx?CID=85
On Wednesday, September 16, 2020, Michelle Whitman was sworn in as the Town Council representative for District 1. Read on...
The City of Sunrise Utilities Rescinds Precautionary Boil Water Notice Issued to Residents in the vicinity of Alpine Woods Rd (SW 85 Ave) and Old Country Manor, Davie -Alpine Woods subdivision. Read on...
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County (DOH-Broward) issued a rabies alert for a portion of Davie, Florida. This is in response to a cat that tested positive on September 9, 2020. Read on...
For Residents in the vicinity of Alpine Woods Rd (SW 85 Ave) and Old Country Manor, Davie -Alpine Woods subdivision. A watermain break has occurred at the intersection of Alpine Woods Rd and Old Country Manor. Read on...
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has announced that Florida, including Broward County, is in Phase 2 of reopening, effective Monday, September 14, 2020. Read on...
As part of the Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Phase II Plan, Town of Davie’s Blue Route West Regional Terminal bus stop will temporarily relocate to Courthouse Road as shown below through Friday, October 30, 2020. Read on...
The Davie Utilities Department is performing sanitary sewer improvements for the restoration of old pipes in neighborhoods near University Drive and College Avenue Improvements will be performed through Friday, October 30, 2020. Read on...
The Town of Davie is extending the deadline for the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Prevention and Foreclosure Prevention programs through Friday, October 2, 2020 or when all funds are expended (whichever occurs first). Read on...
The Town of Davie, City of Cooper City, and Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce are proud to announce the launch of their joint shop and eat local campaign called, How Can I Help. Read on...
The Town of Davie’s Wolf Lake Park, located at 5400 SW 76th Avenue, will reopen effective Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Davie parks and open spaces are open from 9 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. daily. Read on...
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County today issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for Broward County. Human case(s) of the West Nile virus have been confirmed and there is a heightened concern that additional residents will become ill. Read on...
Broward County has issued Emergency Order 20-24, effective immediately. This Order modifies some business restrictions. These modifications, however, could be rescinded if the COVID-19 positivity numbers begin to rise again due to non-compliance. Read on...
Town of Davie Councilmember Bryan Caletka announced his resignation from the Davie Town Council to pursue a career as the Director of Transportation and Policy for the Broward County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). Read on...
The Town of Davie will be starting the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Prevention and Foreclosure Prevention programs to assist Davie residents who have been financially impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Read on...
Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry has issued Emergency Order 20-22, which implements a curfew effective tonight and adds new restrictions to help curtail large social gatherings. Read on...
State of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has extended the state of emergency in Florida as the number of coronavirus cases continues to climb statewide. Read on...
In an effort to reduce the COVID-19 positive rates, the Town of Davie is working collaboratively with Broward County to enforce the COVID-19 Emergency Order requirements issued by the County. Read on...
COVID-19 Update 49: Broward County Issues Emergency Order 20-20; Facial Covering Requirements UpdateTo address the rise in COVID-19 cases in Broward County, Deputy County Administrator Monica Cepero has issued Emergency Order 20-20. This order is effective as of Thursday, July 2, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Read on...
Effective immediately, the Town of Davie is resuming regular hours of operation. Please note that at this time, Town facilities continue to be closed to the public. Staff will remain available to answer your questions via email and by phone. Read on...
Health officials continue to closely monitor the percentage of positive cases of COVID-19 in our community and in the State, which unfortunately are increasing. Read on...
As of July 2019, the contractor has completed all drainage infrastructure work on Nova Drive between Davie Road and College Avenue and also finished the curbing and sidewalk installations on the south side section of the roadway. Read on...
Construction for the NW 136th Avenue at SR 84 Intersection Improvements Project starts on Monday, May 6, 2019. Read on...