Shred-A-Thon and Prescription Drug Drop-Off
The Town of Davie is hosting a free on-site Shred-A-Thon and Prescription Drug Drop-off event for Davie residents only. The events are open to residents who are interested in getting personal and confidential documents destroyed and provide a safe avenue for the disposal of medications.
Residents can bring up to five standard size boxes (15x12x10) per vehicle for shredding.
The following are examples of items not accepted (but not limited to):
- Metal hanging folders
- Binder clips, inhalers, aerosol cans, lotions or liquids, needles, and hydrogen peroxide.
Shredding your personal or sensitive documents is an important step to ensure your identity is not stolen. Shredding your old confidential documents helps protect your information from falling into the wrong hands. Sensitive documents can include pay stubs, canceled checks, financial and credit card statements, paid bills, old tax filings, and other documents that may include confidential information such as account numbers or Social Security numbers.
Prescription Drug Drop-off Guidelines
Acceptable items for deposit include:
- Prescription medications and samples
- All over-the-counter medications
- Pet medications
- Medicated ointment tubes
- Liquid medication in leak-proof containers
Items not acceptable for deposit include:
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Aerosol cans
- IV bags
The prescription drug drop-off event collects unwanted prescription drugs from the public so that they can be disposed of properly and in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations.
Unwanted medicines are collected from individual households only. Medications will not be accepted from businesses such as nursing homes, doctor’s offices, or any other institution or business.
DAVIE TOWN HALL
- DATE: Saturday, January 8, 2022
- LOCATION: Davie Town Hall (north parking lot) - 6591 Orange Drive, Davie, FL 33314
- TIME: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- DATE: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- LOCATION: 14452 Shenandoah Parkway
- TIME: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
DAVIE POLICE DEPARTMENT (Prescription drop-off only.)
- DATE: Mondays through Fridays
- LOCATION: 1230 S. Nob Hill Rd
- TIME: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To participate in this event, residents must bring proof of Davie residency (photo ID and a document that shows their official address, such as a tax bill, a TRIM notice, voter registration, utility bill, or another official government-issued document).
- Residents attending the event must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Always stay in your vehicle.
- Place documents for shredding in the trunk or the vehicle's cargo area. Staff will unload your vehicle.
- Have the trunk/cargo area unlocked or have the ability to open/unlock from the inside of your vehicle to limit interaction.
- Please be sure to remove any items not intended for disposal.
- Masks are encouraged.