Solid Waste Transition - Effective June 1, 2021
Effective June 1, 2021, the Town of Davie will be switching its municipal solid waste provider from Waste Management to Coastal Waste & Recycling. The changes will impact all solid waste collection services. This includes garbage, recycling, bulk trash, commercial, and construction, and demolition waste services throughout the Town.
Coastal Waste & Recycling is currently distributing garbage carts to all residential properties receiving curbside pickup services. Townwide cart distribution is anticipated to be completed by Saturday, May 8, 2021. The old Waste Management (WM) garbage carts will not be collected during this time.
Between May 10-15, 2021, Coastal will begin collecting your old WM garbage carts. During this week, we are asking residents to place the old WM carts out on your regularly scheduled trash pickup days (without trash) for Coastal to pick up. During the pickup timeframe of May 10-15, 2021, please use your new garbage cart to dispose of your garbage. If you have not received your new cart or your old WM garbage cart has not been picked up by May 17, 2021, please contact the Town of Davie at firstname.lastname@example.org, 954-797-1045 or 954-797-1035, and we will coordinate with Coastal Waste & Recycling to have the cart picked up.
For residents who pay for multiple garbage carts annually, your additional carts will be delivered the week of May 10-15, 2021. In the interim, please continue to use the old carts from WM until you get your new carts from Coastal.
We are asking for the cooperation of the Homeowners Associations during this transition. We appreciate your patience during this process.
Residential curbside customers will continue to use their existing beige recycling carts.
An informational brochure will be attached to your new Coastal cart outlining the changes that will take place effective June 1, 2021. To download a copy of the informational brochure, please select your service boundary below:
Coastal will collect the old Waste Management 96-gallon garbage containers during delivery of the new carts. Beginning June 1, 2021, the Waste Management carts will not be serviced. Please ensure they are left out for removal prior to the transition date.
In an effort to make the transition seamless, the Town was divided into three geographic sections - West, Central, and East – for weekly garbage services. While there will not be a significant operational change to your services, you may experience a date change for your garbage, recycling, and trash bulk pickup.
Garbage and Recycling Services - Weekly
Residents that utilize curbside service will receive residential garbage and recycling pickup twice per week based on their geographic designation below. The service boundaries and days are as follows:
As a reminder, carts are serviced between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated service day. To ensure you receive service, please place your cart(s) within two feet of the street and at least three feet from trees, cars, mailboxes, or poles, etc. For other tips such as how to properly pack your garbage cart for service, visit www.davie-fl.gov/wasteandrecycling.
Bulk Trash Services – Monthly
Residential customers who receive curbside services will have a once per month bulk pickup. Refer to the bulk maps below for your scheduled date from June through December 2021. Your service date may have changed due to the new maps.
Residents are asked to adhere to the following requirements to ensure their bulk is serviced:
- Bulk service includes the collection of up to 15 cubic yards per residence. Fifteen cubic yards is approximately the size of a standard car or 15' long by 7' wide by 4' deep. If your bulk exceeds 15 cubic yards, the entire pile will be tagged and not picked up. An additional charge of $18.15 per cubic yard for the excess amount over 15 cubic yards will be charged when the pickup is rescheduled.
- Tree limbs and trunks should not exceed 5' in length or 75 lbs. in weight.
- Piles of leaves or other loose material must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs.
- For safety reasons, mirrors, glass, glass tabletops, windowpanes, and plate glass items must be safely placed in a rigid container and taped up to facilitate safe collection.
- Bulk trash will be picked up anytime between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated date of the month.
- Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk piles away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
For residents with dumpsters that are serviced via the condo/multifamily pickup schedule, the next pickup dates are:
- May 6 – 8, 2021
- August 5 – 7, 2021
- November 4 – 6, 2021
HHW, Bulk and Yard Waste, and Electronics Recycling
The Town of Davie is a participating municipality in the Broward County Residential Drop-off program which includes HHW, bulk and yard waste, and residential electronics recycling. Please bring a photo ID and proof of Davie residency.
Davie residents can utilize any of the County’s Residential Drop-off Centers (RDOC). The closest location is the Central Drop-off Center located at 5490 Reese Road, Davie, FL 33314. The site is open weekly every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bulk and yard waste services are available on alternating Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday collections are:
- April 17, 2021
- May 1, 2021
- May 15, 2021
- May 29, 2021
- June 12, 2021
- June 26, 2021
The municipal solid waste changes do not impact the services being offered by the County.
Please note, residents from Everglades Mobile Home Park, Paradise Village, and Rexmere Village do not receive service based on these schedules.
Should you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact Coastal Waste & Recycling at 954-580-1292, email email@example.com or the Town of Davie at 954-797-1045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solid Waste Transition: Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I get a new container from Coastal Waste & Recycling?
- When will I receive my new garbage cart?
- If I have multiple 96-gallon carts, will they all be replaced?
- Should I leave my garbage cart out for the entire month so that it can be swapped out?
- Who should I contact if I have not received my new garbage cart during that timeframe?