Vacation Rental Registration Program
On July 27, 2022, the Davie Town Council passed Resolution No. R-2022-112 to establish a reasonable fee rate schedule for registering vacation rentals. The vacation rental application was created to ensure applicable vacation rental properties adhere to applicate local and state regulations.
Town Code and Florida Statute
What is a Vacation Rental?
Vacation rentals are defined as any unit or group of units in a condominium or cooperative or any individually or collectively owned single-family, two-family, three-family, or four-family house or dwelling unit that is rented to transient occupants more than three (3) times in a calendar year for periods of less than thirty (30) days or one (1) calendar month, whichever is less, or which is advertised or held out to the public as a place regularly rented to transient occupants, and also a transient public lodging establishment as defined in F.S. § 509.013 but that is not a timeshare project.
Any person violating any of the provisions of the mentioned code may be issued a notice of violation by the Town of Davie Code Enforcement or the Police Department. Each violation may carry a maximum civil penalty of up to $500.
The town will require that all vacation rentals be licensed by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) before accepting a completed application. Upon receiving an approved DBPR license, the town will accept the completed application from the property owner or agent.
A vacation rental registration application requires additional documentation, including documents from State and County agencies.
- Vacation Rental Registration Application and Affidavit of Compliance.
- Agent Authorization, if applicable.
- Proof of Property Ownership (BCPA.net)
- Corporate Documents (Sunbiz.org)
- Vacation Rental: An exterior sketch of the facility. The sketch shall identify all sheds, structures, pools, spas, hot tubs, fencing, and recreational uses, including areas provided for off-street parking. For purposes of the sketch, off-street parking spaces shall be delineated to enable a fixed count of the number of spaces provided. At the option of the Vacation Rental Owner, the such sketch may be hand drawn and need not be professionally prepared but must show dimensions.
- Vacation Rental: An interior building sketch by floor. A building sketch by floor, showing a floor layout identifying all bedrooms, other rooms, exits, hallways, stairways, and safety equipment as applicable. At the option of the Vacation Rental Owner, the such sketch may be hand drawn and need not be professionally prepared but must show accurate dimensions and points of ingress/egress.
- Licensure with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation for a transient public lodging establishment and vacation rental.
- License with the Florida Department of Revenue for sales and development tax collection. If there is no such certificate or account, provide the name of the entity through which taxes will be remitted.
- Broward County Tourist Development Tax Number Document.
- Disabled Veteran Exemption: If you are a Disabled Veteran seeking an Exemption, we require documentation to verify your exemption. Please provide us with a copy of your DD214 form as proof of honorable discharge and documentation that you are a disabled veteran.
To process the application, individuals must submit the applicable application fee. The corresponding fee can be located on the application. This fee may be mailed or presented to Davie Police Code Compliance Division at 1230 South Nob Hill Road, Davie, FL 33324.
For more information regarding this program, please visit (Insert link) or contact the Police Code Compliance Division at 954-693-8237.
Yearly and parts thereof, per vacation rental registration matrix. Fees are non‐refundable.
Vacation Rental Registration Full Year Fee (October 1 – September 30)
(Includes two initial safety inspections)
Vacation Rental Registration Half Year Fee (April 1 – September 30)
Non-Owner Occupied Vacation Rental Renewal Registration Fee
Owner Occupied Vacation Rental Renewal Registration Fee
Code Compliance Inspection, Building Safety Inspection, Re-Inspection, or
Missed Inspection Fee (Assessed for each inspection)
Late Registration and Renewal Fee
Transfer Rental Agent Fee (Responsible party only)