The Town of Davie is excited to announce that we will now be offering our Swimming Lesson Program internally, conducted by Town certified staff. The Swimming and Learn to Swim instruction is geared to help swimmers of all ages and abilities develop their swimming and water safety skills. Cost is $60 per participant, per 4 week session (Mommy and Me). $80 per participant, per 4 week session (Preschool, Learn to Swim Levels).
Registration for Swim Lessons
Registration will open the Monday 1 week prior to start of session date at Pine Island Pool. Registration is first come-first serve. Class ratio is 1 instructor for 6 children. Please call 954-327-3927 for more information.
Mommy and Me Swim Lessons
Age: 6 months to 3 Years
- Geared to help young children get ready to swim and water safety.
- Emphasizes fun in the water and elementary swimming skills.
- Introduces water entry, bubble blowing, kicking, floating and underwater exploration.
Pre-School Swim Lessons
Age: 3 to 5 Years
- Teaches children water safety, survival skills and foundational swimming concepts in a safe environment.
- Helps children become comfortable in the water and basic water safety.
- Introduces fundamental skills like kicking, and coordinating arm and leg movement.
Learn to Swim Lesson Levels
Age: 6 & Up
This program is for children to progress through the levels at their own pace.
- Level 1: Helps individual become comfortable in the water and basic water safety
- Level 2: Introduces primary skills such as floating and kicking
- Level 3: Introduces strokes and students learn coordination involved with the basic strokes
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement
Monday and Wednesdays for 4 weeks (Friday is make-up day for inclement weather).
- 4 to 4:30 p.m.: Pre-School
- 4:30 to 5 p.m.: Pre-School
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.: Pre-School
- 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Level 1
- 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Level 2
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Level 1
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Level 2
- 6:30 to 7 p.m.: Level 3
- 6:30 to 7 p.m.: Level 4