The #SaferBy4 drowning initiative is geared to help children reach their 4th birthday through swim lessons and water safety education.
The Town of Davie offers year round swim lessons with each new session starting the beginning of each month. The swimming and learn to swim instruction is structured to help swimmers of all ages and abilities develop their swimming and water safety skills.
Registration and Swim Lesson Session Dates:
OCTOBER Swim Lesson Session:
10/8/18 to 10/31/18 ~ Monday and Wednesday
Please note we will make up classes on October 31 for children who don't report to class.
NOVEMBER Swim Lesson Session:
11/5/18 to 11/28/18 ~ Monday and Wednesday
Registration will open for Davie residents October 15th to October21st and open registration for everyone is effective October 22nd .
Mommy and Me Swim Lessons
Age: 6 months to 2.5 Years
COST: $60.00 for 6 week session
- Geared to help young children get ready to swim and water safety.
- Emphasizes fun in the water and elementary swimming skills.
- Introduces water entry, bubble blowing, kicking, floating and underwater exploration.
Pre-School Swim Lessons
Age: 3 to 5 Years
COST: $80.00 for 4 week session
- Teaches children water safety, survival skills and foundational swimming concepts in a safe environment.
- Helps children become comfortable in the water and basic water safety.
- Introduces fundamental skills like kicking, and coordinating arm and leg movement.
Learn to Swim Lesson Levels
Age: 6 & Up
This program is for children to progress through the levels at their own pace.
- Level 1: Helps individual become comfortable in the water and basic water safety
- Level 2: Introduces primary skills such as floating and kicking
- Level 3: Introduces strokes and students learn coordination involved with the basic strokes
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement
Monday and Wednesdays for 4 weeks (Friday is make-up day for inclement weather).
- 4 to 4:30 p.m.: Pre-School
- 4:30 to 5 p.m.: Pre-School
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.: Pre-School
- 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Level 1
- 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Level 2
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Level 1
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Level 2
- 6:30 to 7 p.m.: Level 3
- 6:30 to 7 p.m.: Level 4