Recruiting & Backgrounds
The Davie Police Department Backgrounds and Recruiting Unit is devoted to the recruitment and hiring of the best-qualified candidates available to serve the Davie community. You will find that we have included a comprehensive array of information relating to recruitment and employment on our website. After reviewing our site please feel free to email Magdalena De Antuano or Richard Nardello with any questions or comments that you may have. The Davie Police Department is firmly committed to offering an equitable, drug-free work environment. We do not discriminate in any employment related decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or other similar factors that are not job-related. This commitment is practiced in all aspects of our personnel policies, programs, practices, recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention and other related activities. When requested, the Davie Police Department will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Please contact a Human Resources representative at 954-797-1100 if special assistance is needed. Thank you for your interest and the time and effort you have spent considering a career with the Davie Police Department!
The Davie Police Department only considers applications for positions currently posted as available. You can review our current available employment opportunities as well as apply online.
Applications are only accepted via the online application system. Additionally, resumes are not accepted in place of an employment application. Please do not fax, mail or drop off resumes or printed copies of the web-based application. If you are selected for further consideration you may provide a copy of your resume during your scheduled interview appointment. Only applicants who are considered best qualified for available employment opportunities will be contacted for further consideration. Make sure that you include an accurate email address when completing the employment application, as correspondence regarding applicant status will occur via email. Applicants are generally notified within two to four weeks if they are selected for further consideration. However, the time frame may vary depending upon departmental needs and priorities.
Americans With Disabilities Act
Human Resources Coordinator Magdalena De Antunano is the department's ADA Coordinator. For assistance, please contact them.
- Are you currently accepting applications for Non-Certified and Certified Police Officer?
- How do I become a Certified Police Officer or Non-Certified Police Officer with the Davie Police Department?
- What are your minimum education and experience requirements for Certified Police Officer or Non-Certified Police Officer?
- What is the difference between a Non-Certified Police Officer and a Certified Police Officer?
- I would like to become a Non-Certified Police Officer but I am not sure that I want to become a Certified Police Officer.
- How long will I work as a Non-Certified Police Officer before I become a Certified Police Officer?