The Records Division is responsible for maintaining and distributing offense reports, supplemental reports, accident reports, arrest reports, and miscellaneous incident reports in accordance with Florida State Statue FSS 119. In addition, the Records Division also provides local background checks for Davie residents and for persons employed in Davie.
*Fingerprinting services have been suspended until further notice*
How can I get my incident report?
Call the Records Division to confirm the report is available. If so, you can come to the department to pick it up in person, have it e-mailed to you if it does not contain any confidential information, or request it by mail. If requesting a report by mail, you will need to include the copy fees along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and mail it to the address listed above.
How can I get my traffic accident report?
Traffic accidents are not public records for the first 60 days after the date of the accident except for those people who are entitled to a copy per Florida State Statute 316.066 and a traffic crash affidavit must be filled out. Always call first to make sure the report is available.
- IN-PERSON (prior to 60 days old):
- You must present a driver’s license or photo ID and you will be required to fill out a traffic crash affidavit stating that you are one of the people entitled to the report. Copy fees are charged at .15 per page and are payable by cash, check, or money order.
- BY MAIL (prior to 60 days old):
- To request an accident report by mail, download the traffic crash affidavit located on the Davie PD website, fill out the form stating you are entitled to the report and have it notarized. Include the affidavit, along with the copy fees and a self-addressed stamped envelope, and mail to the address listed above.
- Go to www.floridacrashportal.gov. The fee is $12 and is available for immediate download as a PDF.
- AFTER 60 DAYS:
- Traffic accidents are public records after sixty days from the date of the accident and a copy can be sent to you by e-mail after requesting it by calling the Records Division.
How can I have a background check completed?
FOR A LOCAL BACKGROUND CHECK OF DAVIE PD RECORDS ONLY:
- You must reside in or be employed in the Town of Davie, previously or presently. Bring photo identification listing the Davie residence address on it with you. The fee is $1.15.
FOR COUNTY BACKGROUND CHECKS:
- Contact the Broward Sheriff’s Office, (954) 831-8704 or visit their website at: www.sheriff.org
FOR STATEWIDE BACKGROUND CHECKS:
- Contact FDLE at 850-410-8109 or visit their website at: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Criminal-History-Records/Record-Check
FOR LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND CHECKS WITH FINGERPRINTS:
- Contact the FBI at 304-625-3878 or visit their website at: http://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
How can I get information on a traffic citation I received?
- For questions or to pay a parking ticket, call the Broward County Clerk of Courts Parking Violations Division at (954) 712-7899 or visit them on their website at: www.browardclerk.org
- For questions or to pay a traffic citation, visit the Broward County Clerk of Courts website at: www.browardclerk.org
RED LIGHT CAMERA VIOLATIONS:
- Contact the Red Light Camera Coordinator at (954) 693-8342. Contact can also be made with America Traffic Solutions at (866) 225-8875 or visit them on their website at: www.violationinfo.com
|Copy Type||Fee (Per Page)|
|Single Sided Copies||$.15|
|Double Sided Copies||$.20|
|Certified Documents||$1 (plus $.15 per page)|
|Flash/Zip Drive for Audio, Photo, and/or Video||$10.00 per Drive|
|Research Services||$20 hourly labor charge after first 15 minutes, plus $.15 per page|
|Background Check||$1.15 ($1.00 for certification, $.15 per page)|