Christmas Tree Disposal
Residents can place Christmas trees as a part of your regular bulk pickup. To find your bulk pickup day, please visit "Find Your Bulk Pick Up Days".
Please remove all ornaments, lights and tinsel from the tree before setting it out. There is no need to call for a tree pick up unless it does not get collected during your regularly scheduled bulk pickup.
Information Courtesy of Broward County: When the holidays are long gone but your tree isn't, it's time to chip in and donate your used evergreen to our annual Chip-a-Tree initiative. Over the years, we have recycled thousands of trees, which probably would otherwise have gone to landfills. This year your tree can join those recyclable thousands.
The free program requires Broward County residents to remove all decorations from their holiday trees (no decorated trees will be accepted), then bring the trees to a participating park - there are 12 of them - where they will be chipped and used for landscaping throughout the County park system. There is a limit of two trees per vehicle, artificial trees are not accepted, and no commercial vehicles or garbage trucks are allowed.
This season's program runs daily from Monday, December 26, 2022, through Monday, January 16, 2023 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), giving you plenty of time to take advantage of those after-the-holidays sales before hauling your tree to a park. And remember, the regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee will NOT be in effect for recyclers, so there's no excuse not to do the right thing. Hours vary; call the park of your choice for details.
- Brian Piccolo Sports Park & Velodrome, 9501 Sheridan St., Cooper City 33024; 954-357-5150
- C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028; 954-357-5170
- Easterlin Park, 1000 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park 33309; 954-357-5190
- Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek 33063; 954-357-5198
- Markham Park & Target Range, 16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise 33326; 954-357-8868
- Reverend Samuel Delevoe Memorial Park, 2520 N.W. Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale 33311; 954-357-8801
- Snake Warrior's Island Natural Area, 3600 S.W. 62nd Ave., Miramar 33023; 954-357-8776
- Tradewinds Park & Stables, 3600 W. Sample Rd., Coconut Creek 33073; 954-357-8870
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 S.W. 100th Ave., Davie 33328; 954-357-5130
- T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
- Vista View Park, 4001 S.W. 142nd Ave., Davie 33330; 954-357-8898
- West Lake Park, 1200 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33019; 954-357-5161
Weekend and holiday gate park entrance fees will not be in effect for recyclers. To view more participating locations, visit the Broward County website.
Last updated on December 20, 2022