The Town of Davie supports the all-year, two-day-a-week landscape irrigation restrictions imposed by the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) and the Broward County Environmental Protection and Growth Management Department.
For Water Restrictions in the TOD Ordinance, Chapter 25-32 Water Conservation, Provision (5) please click here. For the PDF, please click here.
For Water Restrictions on the SFWMD website, please click here.
For the Broward County Ordinance, please click here.
Residential Water-Use Restrictions:
- For homes with addresses that end in an ODD number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9), lawn watering is permitted on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 12:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., and/or between 4:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m.
- For homes with addresses that end in an EVEN number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8), lawn watering is permitted on Thursdays and Sundays between 12:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., and/or between 4:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m.
Forty states, including Florida expect water shortages in some portion of their states in the next 10 years. Water is not an unlimited resource, and if you reduce your water footprint, you reduce your energy footprint too. To make water drinkable, it receives a high level of treatment. When water is wasted, instantly energy, money and time needed to treat that water, is wasted too.
For South Florida, with increasing demand for water due to a growing population and the manufacturing of products, our raw water supplies (aquifers) are stressed. This increases the risk for salt water intrusion in our surficial aquifer (Biscayne), meaning our Utility has to use the deep aquifer (Floridan), making the treatment process more costly, increasing the chance for higher water rates, and so forth. Although modern technology can ‘strip the water molecule’ from unwanted attachments and bring the water molecule back to its purest form, we must always consider conservation.
The Town of Davie’s water conservation program involves:
• Enforcing irrigation restrictions.
• Creating and providing reuse water for irrigation and industrial use.
• Outreach, such as educational events to the public (Water Matters day in March, Earth Day in April), collaboration with schools and providing tours at the water and reclamation plants.
• Water Saving retrofits such as low flow showerheads, bath and kitchen aerators and leak detection tablets for the toilet.
• Participation in NatureScape –a Broward County program that provides free advice on irrigation efficiency to large water users. If you are a business and a large water user and would like to learn more, call 954-327-3758 .
• Collaborating with Broward County on the Toilet Rebate program and other campaigns.
• Participation in the AWWA DropSavers Water Conservation Poster Contest.
Save more than 20,000 gallons of water a year with free water saving devices. The Town of Davie Customer Service Department can provide our water customers with a free water conservation kit (one kit per customer). A kit includes: a low flow showerhead, a kitchen aerator, a bath sink aerator and leak detection tablets for the toilet. Supplies are on a first come basis, while supplies last. For more information, please contact Utilities Customer Service at (954) 797-1065.