November 9, 2020 12:57 PM
Tropical Storm Warning Canceled; Davie Water & Sewer Systems; Horse Release Program; Town Operations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 9, 2020
Tropical Storm Eta Update #7 - Tropical Storm Warning Canceled; Davie Water & Sewer Systems; Horse Release Program; Town Operations
DAVIE, Fla., - At the 10 a.m. advisory, the National Weather Service canceled Tropical Storm Eta warning that was issued for Broward County. A flash flood warning remains in effect until 3 p.m. today for the Town of Davie.
Water and Sewer System
The Town of Davie Utilities Operation Department is always prepared to service all Davie residents before, during and after a storm.
Residents are asked to minimize water and sewage usage after the storm so as not to overly impact the system. Also, please expect that water pressure should be lower than normal.
It is a priority of the Town of Davie Utilities to provide safe and reliable services to its residents.
Town of Davie Horse Release Program
The Town of Davie is offering a horse refuge site for residents whose horse stalls may have been significantly impacted by Tropical Storm Eta. A limited number of horses will be accommodated at Bergeron Rodeo Grounds, 4201 Rodeo Way, Davie, FL 33314.
The site is open for horses pre-registered and approved for the Town of Davie Horse Release Program on Monday, November 10, 2020 at 1:00pm. We will also be taking registrations over the phone until we reach capacity. You must provide proof of a negative Equine Infectious Anemia test (EIA or Coggins test) upon arrival.
All fees related to this program is waived.
Stallions will not be permitted. Please make sure to bring hay, feed, halter and leed to secure your horses.
If you are experiencing flooding in your area and feel our storage site is safer than your current situation, please contact us to preregister. For more information contact Anna Francis, Event Specialist, 954-829-6922, email@example.com or Simone James, Special Events Coordinator, 954-218-1320, firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view the application.
• All Town of Davie governmental services, except for Public Safety, will be offered virtually Today, Monday, November 9, 2020. For a list of departments and divisions, visit https://www.davie-fl.gov/Directory.aspx.
• All Town parks are closed through Monday, November 9, 2020.
• The Pine Island Fitness and Aquatic Center will be closed on Monday, November 9, 2020.
Town of Davie Green and Blue Bus Routes
Due to Tropical Storm Eta, please see below operational changes regarding the Town of Dave’s Green and Blue Bus Routes and SFEC Route:
• The Town of Davie’s Green and Blue bus routes will temporarily suspend operations on Monday, November 9, 2020.
• The South Florida Education Center (SFEC) Campus Shuttle/Tri-Rail Route will temporarily suspend operations on Monday, November 9, 2020.
Broward County Public School
Due to high winds and flooding from Tropical Storm Eta, all classes on Monday, November 9, 2020, are canceled. Please stay safe and check back for updates at browardschools.com/stormresourcecenter.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)
• To report or track an outage: Call 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243) or visit www.FPL.com/outage.
• For up-to-date news and information regarding our overall restoration progress, go to www.FPL.com/PowerTracker. You can also follow FPL on Twitter @insideFPL or on www.facebook.com/fplconnect.
Avoid Flood Dangers
• Do not walk through, swim, or allow children to play in standing water. Puddles and standing water are full of hidden dangers, including snakes and other wildlife, broken glass, and other sharp objects.
• Do not drive through standing water. Your car engine may stall, potentially causing irreparable damage to the engine. The wake from your car may cause additional flooding in nearby homes and other structures. If you come upon a flooded street, take an alternate route. Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
• Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
There are multiple ways to register and stay informed about important information from the Town of Davie before, during, and after an emergency event:
Subscribe to Emergency Alerts - Everbridge
Subscribe to Davie News and Announcements
Text “AlertDavie” to 888-777 to get Everbridge Alerts
Follow the Town of Davie on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @TownofDavie
Subscribe to the Town of Davie on Nextdoor
The Town of Davie’s resident hotline, 954-797-1122, is now activated and will be updated continuously to provide information to our residents.
The Town of Davie is committed to ensuring the safety of all persons and we are calling on you to prepare with us. Knowing your risk, getting prepared, and staying informed are just a few steps you can take.