FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOV. 10, 2022, AT 3:15 P.M.
UPDATE #4: TOWN OPERATIONS, PARKS AND FACILITIES REOPEN
DAVIE, Fla. – Tropical Storm Nicole is no longer a threat to Broward County, including Davie. All watches and warnings have been lifted for South Florida. This notice will serve as the last update on the storm.
Please take note of the following updates on the Town of Davie operations, parks and special events below.
Parks and Special Events Updates
- All parks and facilities, including the Fitness and Aquatic Center, are open for public use and have resumed normal hours of operation.
- All sports fields, recreational activities and sports programming have resumed normal hours of operation.
- The Veterans Day Ceremony and Southeastern Circuit Finals Rodeo events will proceed as originally scheduled. All event details remain the same.
Solid Waste Services and Landscaping
- There are no changes to the solid waste services, including curbside garbage collection and bulk pickup, for this week.
- Bulk collection is proceeding as originally scheduled. Please note that bulk collection occurs between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Broward County Public Schools
- Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) and District offices are closed today. Note schools will be closed tomorrow in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
- BCPS will resume regular hours of operation on Monday, Nov. 14, 2022. For more BCPS information, visit www.browardschools.com.
There are multiple ways to register and stay informed about important information from the Town of Davie before, during and after an emergency event:
The last day of the 2022 Atlantic hurricane is Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022. Residents are encouraged to always be prepared for any storm. Get the latest tips on disaster preparedness at www.davie-fl.gov/DaviePrepares.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant