FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEB. 2, 2023
TOWN OF DAVIE OFFERS TEN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DAVIE BUSINESS OWNERS AND ENTREPRENEURS
Apply now through Monday, Feb. 6, 2023, to participate in the program.
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie in partnership with the FAU Small Business Development Center (SBDC), is offering ten scholarships to Davie business owners and entrepreneurs interested in attending the Florida Atlantic University's Spanish Business Boot Camp. The deadline to apply is Monday, Feb. 6, 2023.
The course is scheduled to start on Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023, and end on Mar. 28, 2023. The boot camp's course will be in Spanish and comprises of eight sessions, including access to mentor consultation. Classes are free for Davie recipients who register through the Town's program. Visit business.fau.edu/spanishbootcamp for information about course locations.
During the eight-week class, students will learn the following:
- How to deliver value to customers
- How to validate an effective business model
- How to write an effective business plan
- How to present your proposal to investors
- How to determine your method of sales and how to make a projection of return on sales and expenses
- How to raise funds for your new business
- How to participate in the prestigious FAU Business Pitch Competition and compete to raise funds
Individuals can apply for a scholarship by filling out the online form at www.davie-fl.gov/SpanishBootcampForm. For more information regarding the scholarship, contact the Public Information Office at [email protected].
To learn more about the program, visit business.fau.edu/spanishbootcamp.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant