FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEB. 9, 2023
DAVIE COLLABORATES WITH BCCMA TO KICK OFF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Application deadline is March 10, 2023
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie is partnering with the Broward County City Managers’ Association, Inc. (BCCMA) to kick off the 2023-2024 Scholarship Program. Applications are being accepted now through Friday, March 10, 2023.
The program is designed to support students pursuing education and careers in Public Administration. BCCMA will sponsor four individual $1,000 scholarships for expenses associated with academic endeavors at a college or university for students studying public administration, political science, or a government-related field. The scholarships will also include a one-year mentorship/ internship opportunity with a current BCCMA Member.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled during the summer or fall of 2023 and be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an accredited program;
- Be pursuing a major in public administration, political science, or a government-related field;
- Be a permanent resident of Broward County; and
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), verified by a school transcript.
Applying to the Program
- Qualifying students must submit a completed application;
- The application must include an essay, telling us about your educational aspirations, future goals and career plans in public service, and why you believe public service is important;
- Official transcripts;
- A resume; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
- All required documents can be uploaded to the BCCMA Scholarship Application portal at www.bccmabroward.com or sent to: [email protected]
BCCMA’s main purpose is to regularly bring together local government professional administrators to stimulate the highest standards of public service and administration and to promote good fellowship and closer intergovernmental relationships. Supporting educational endeavors is aligned with BCCMA’s goal of community problem-solving and improving the quality of life for the residents of Broward and the various communities we serve.
For more information about this program, please contact the BCCMA Scholarship Committee at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant