Posted on November 3, 2017
Regular Bulk Trash Schedule Resumes on November 6
Waste Management will resume regular bulk trash pickup beginning Monday, November 6, 2017. For the month of November, bulk pickup on the green schedule will take place from November 6— 11, 2017. The pickup on the gold schedule will take place from November 20— 25, 2017.
Bulk Waste Requirements:
- Bulk service includes the collection of up to fifteen (15) cubic yards per residence. 15 cubic yards is approximately the size of a standard car or 15' long by 7' wide by 4' deep. If your bulk pile is in excess of 15 cubic yards, the entire pile will be tagged and not picked up. An additional charge of $15.76 per cubic yard for the excess amount over 15 cubic yards will be charged when pickup is rescheduled.
- Tree limbs and trunks should not exceed 5' in length or 75 lbs. in weight.
- Palm fronds do not need to be cut.
- Items that cannot be picked up by the service truck, such as piles of leaves, small piles of twigs, or other loose material, must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs. Loose items will not be picked up. These items may be placed in your garbage cart.
- For safety reasons, mirrors, glass, glass tabletops, windowpanes, and plate glass items must be safely placed in a rigid container and taped up to facilitate safe collection.
- Bulk trash will be picked up anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on your designated date of the month.
- Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk pile away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
Bulk Items May Include (but not limited to):
- Furniture, mattresses, carpets, and other household items
- Rock, asphalt, tar, gravel, tile, roofing materials, and other earthen materials must be placed in a hard bottom container of sufficient strength for collection.
- Wire and cable (rolled up & tied)
- Large and small appliances
- Refrigerators or air conditioners must have Freon removed by a certified hazardous waste dealer.
- Yard waste that meets the bulk waste requirements described above.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call Waste Management at (954) 974-7500.
- If you don’t want to pay for extra service, do not put out more than 15 cubic yards for bulk collection.
- If the pile exceeds 15 cubic yards, it will be tagged and not collected. Contact Waste Management to schedule a pickup.
- You will have one week to remove the bulk from your swale or it will become a code violation.
- To have the tagged bulk items removed and to avoid a code violation, you may:
- Call Waste Management at (954) 974-7500 for a special pickup for $15.76 per cubic yard.
- You may also use your green roll-out cart to supplement your disposal needs.
- If you wish to have all your bulk waste removed at one time, and you know in advance it is greater than 15 cubic yards, call Waste Management to make arrangements for a special pickup during your scheduled monthly collection. The first 15 cubic yards will be taken at no cost, after that, the $15.76 rate will apply.
- REMEMBER: 15 cubic yards refers to the overall dimensions of bulk on your swale. To make the most out of your allowable amount, stack everything as neatly and closely together as possible.
Items That Will Not Be Taken:
- Bulk waste collection is for normal residential activities. Commercial businesses, nurseries, and landscapers are prohibited from placing anything out for collection, and their bulk items will not be taken.
- Hazardous Waste, e.g. motor oils, paint, batteries, pesticides.
- Contractor Generated Waste/Landscaping Company Waste e.g. construction materials or tree trimmings generated by anyone other than the homeowner and materials produced as a result of land clearing.
- Exempt Waste e.g. biological sludge, auto or boat parts, and machine parts.