on January 25, 2018
Reminder:VITA Free Tax Preparation Program, tomorrow, January 26, 2018
The Volunteer Income Tax
Assistance (VITA) program will be offering two free tax preparation events for Davieresidents who need help in completing their annual tax return.
Davie residents can participate
in one of the upcoming events:
- January26, 2018, at Pine Island Multipurpose Center, 3801 S. Pine Island Rd., Davie,
FL 33328 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. OR
- February7, 2018 at Eastside Community Hall, 4300 SW 55th Avenue, Davie, FL 33314 from
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
What to bring:
- OriginalSocial Security Cards for you, your spouse and/or dependents or social security
number verification letter issued by SSA
- Governmentissued photo identification for you and your spouse
W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interestand dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
care expenses with the providers’ EIN and amount paid (if applicable)
- Bankrouting numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, blank check
copy of last year’s tax return
- Anyother relevant information about income and expenses
insurance documents: 1095A, 1095B or 1095C. If you qualified for an exemptionthrough the Health Insurance Marketplace, bring the Exemption Certificate
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a federal programcreated 40+ years ago. In the 2016 tax season, more than 5,816 Broward County taxpaying working
families and individuals took advantage of the VITA program and hadtheir income taxes prepared by trained VITA volunteers. More than $6.3 million in taxes were refunded to
working families. Nearly 40% of the individuals assisted last year qualifiedfor additional tax credits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Individuals who have not
taken advantage of EITC in thepast may be eligible for the credit for up to three years retroactively.
information regarding site updates, hours of operation, etc., visit www.VITATaxesFree.org or call2-1-1.