Posted on February 23, 2018
Waterford Community Road Improvement Project begins Monday, February
The Town of Davie is working with Whitaker ContractingCorporation and ISG Strategic Partners to treat the streets in the Waterford Community
(Ivanhoe) with a pavement preservation product, HA5, which is intended toextend the life of the streets and save on road re-surfacing costs. The roads
will be treated in Waterford beginning Monday, February 26, 2018, weatherpermitting. To obtain the full benefit of the treatment and maximize the
financial savings, the Town is asking residents to do the following:
1. Please review the work plan/map and take note of the daythat the work will be done in front of your home. Work is projected to begin on
Monday, February 26, 2018 weather permitting (see map/schedule).
2. All outside water/irrigation must be turned off so thatthe contractor can apply the treatment in a dry condition. Your irrigation
system should be turned off by 6:00 p.m., the day before the work is scheduledto be done in front of your home. After the work is completed, your irrigation
system can be turned back on starting at midnight.
3. Parking Information - Do not walk and/ or drive on thetreated street between 7:00 a.m. on the work day in front of your home to 6:00
a.m. the following day while the treatment is drying and curing. Please planfor all residents and/or guests of your home to park along one side of the
roadway within the community not located in the specified work areas for thatday. Please only park on one side of the street (see image) to allow emergency
vehicles access to the neighborhood. Driving on the road earlier will damagethe work, cause the product to get on your tires and potentially spread on to
your property. If your car is parked on the street the day the work is beingdone on the section of your road, this section may not be treated.
4. Caution - Please be careful when driving through the
neighborhood while the project is ongoing as some traffic control devices will becovered.
5. Do not walk on the roadway during the drying time. When
the roads are opened back to traffic, only then can you walk on the roads.
6. Service Vendors - Please ask any service vendors (i.e.,landscapers) to avoid working on the days that the treatment is planned to be
done in your community.
7. Garbage & Mail - The contractor is coordinating withWaste Management and USPS.
8. Special Needs - If you have any special needs that need
to be accommodated, please contact Stephen White at 727-333-5897.
9. Weather may cause a halt to the project so please beaware that dates are subject to change. We will keep you notified. Look for
message boards for updates.
10. Project Contacts:
Contractor: ISG Strategic Partners: Stephen White at727-333-5897 or Town of Davie Acting Assistant Public Works Director Beatriz
Alvarez at 954-797 -1115
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is HA5? HA5 is a high density mineral bond and is usedby municipalities, counties and state departments of transportation to preserve
asphalt and make the roads last longer. It protects the roads from the sun andrain which both cause damage to roadways. It also makes the road look new for a
very long time.
Why do I have to stay off the road for 24 hours? HA5 needssufficient time to cure completely.
- What happens if there is an emergency? Emergency vehicles
will be allowed access to the neighborhood 24/7.
- Who can I call if I have any questions? Call Stephen White at727-333-5897.