Posted on December 28, 2018
2019 Residential Bulk Trash Collection Schedules Are Now Available
The 2019 Residential Bulk Trash Collection Schedules are available on the Town’s website. Each area has a designated day and week each month that is color coordinated.
Please note that the date of your collection depends on whether you live in a designated green or gold area, according to the bulk maps (see links below).
Bulk Waste Guidelines
Bulk waste includes household items such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpets, padding and fencing. It also includes yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches, and palm fronds.
To ensure bulk waste pickup, please follow these guidelines:
- Collection takes place once a month. Check the collection schedule for more information.
- Bulk piles should be no more than 15 cubic yds.
- Place bulk waste items curbside in a neat and orderly manner before 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Collection will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk pile away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
- Tree trimmings, branches and palm fronds should be arranged in a neat and orderly manner curbside.
- Tree trunks, logs and large limbs should be stacked neatly at the curb and should not exceed 5’ in length or 75lbs in weight.
- Roll and securely tie rugs, carpets and padding, fencing, and other similar items.
- Items that cannot be picked up by the service truck, such as piles of leaves, small piles of twigs, or other loose material, must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs. Loose items will not be picked up. These items may be placed in your garbage cart.
Condo/Multifamily with Dumpsters
The Condo/Multifamily schedule is located on both maps. Bulk collection for condo/multi-families with dumpsters occurs 4 times per year:
- February 7 – 9, 2019
- May 9 – 11, 2019
- August 8 – 10, 2019
- November 7 – 9, 2019