FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Posted on June 6, 2019
Town of Davie Independence Day Celebrations and Office Closures
July 4th Splash, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., at Pine Island Aquatics Center
The Town of Davie presents July 4th Splash, on Thursday, July 4, 2019, at Pine Island Aquatics Center, 3800 SW 92nd Avenue, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free activities for the family include:
- Fun Foam Spray with Davie Fire Department
- Inner Tube Water Polo
- DJ Dance Party
For more information, please call 954-327-3927.
New Location - Fun on the 4th with Red, White & View from 5 - 9 p.m., at Vista View Park
Join the Town of Davie and Broward County Parks and Recreation at Fun on the 4th with Red, White & View, Thursday, July 4, 2019, at the new location Vista View Park, 4001 SW 142nd Avenue. Free family activities include:
- Kids rides
- Adult zone
- Arts & crafts vendors
- Food vendors
- Live music featuring “Breeze” and "Sucker Punch" beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of local firework displays from the top of the hill. Fireworks will not be released at the park.
- Park admission is $1.50 per person before 7:30 p.m. and $2.00 per person after 7:30 p.m.
The Town of Davie governmental offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019, in observance of the Independence Day Holiday.
Please take note of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts facility hours for this day:
All parks, with the exception of Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex, will be open regular hours, and Park Rangers will be working. Please take note of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts facilities hours for this day below.
- The Pine Island Park / Bamford Sports Complex will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Pine Island Aquatics and Fitness Center will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Pine Island Pool will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Pine Island Multipurpose Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. All sports programs and the Pine Island Multipurpose Center will be closed.
- The Betty Booth Roberts Park Pool will open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For additional information on park hours and activities, please call 954-797-1181.
Leona Henry, Public Relations Coordinator
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant