FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 26, 2019
PUBLIC NOTICE ON SEWER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie Utilities Department will be performing sanitary sewer collection system improvements in the neighborhood located along Southwest 39th Court, between Southwest 61th Avenue and Southwest 64th Avenue. (Map Attached)
The work will be performed by Lanzo Lining Services, Inc. and will include sanitary sewer pipes lining using a trenchless Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) method. This method requires minimal digging. Access to sewer pipes will be attained via existing manholes. The crew will insert a flexible liner inside the old pipe to create a new, watertight, smooth-surfaced, long-lasting pipe within the existing old pipe. This method will restore old pipes to a like-new condition without prolonged, expensive and disruptive excavation.
When: Now - August 31, 2019 (Saturday)
- Starting on SW 64 Ave, from SW 40th Ct to SW 39th Ct
- Along SW 39 Ct, from SW 64 Ave and SW 61th Ave
- Along SW 61th Ave, from SW 39th Ct to SW 36 St & Town Lift Station
You Can Expect During a Project:
- Traffic Disruptions- Construction crews do most of the sewer lining work through manholes in the streets. Spot repairs may require excavation prior to lining process.
- Outdoor Noise- Utility Vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor- Customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel or a zip-bag filled with water.
- “In-pipe Noise”-Customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process. Covering drains can help reduce “in-pipe” noises.
- Limit Your Water Use- Customers are asked limit use of toilets, showers and refrain from running washing machines.
Typical work hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There may be inactivity between some phases of this process.
If you have any additional questions regarding this project please contact us directly. For more information, please call: 954-327-3752, after hours 954-327-3750 or visit https://www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected]and request that your email address be removed from this list.