FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 29, 2019
HHW, ELECTRONICS RECYCLING, PRESCRIPTION DRUG COLLECTION, AND SHRED-A-THON POSTPONED
HURRICANE DORIAN ADVISORY #3
DAVIE, Fla.– At this time, due to the uncertainty of Hurricane Dorian, the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), Electronics Recycling, Prescription Drug Collection, and Shred-A-Thon scheduled for Saturday, August 31, 2019, is postponed.
Solid Waste Information:
- Residents should refrain from cutting trees or doing additional landscaping projects until after this storm passes.
- Solid/commingled and recyclable materials should be properly secured in a safe, sheltered location.
- Next week’s bulk pickup schedule (September 2-7, 2019), may be suspended as the storm approaches and bulk items left out can become harmful projectiles in high winds.
- The Town’s Code Compliance inspectors will issue citations to homeowners who place bulk items both curbside and on the swale before the designated bulk week.
- Make plans to secure any outdoor items that could be blown around in the storm. Bring them indoors or otherwise secure them as the storm approaches.
Hurricane Supply Preparations:
Residents are reminded not to focus on the exact forecast track since strong winds and heavy rainfall extend well away from the center of the storm.
- If you live in an evacuation zone, make sure you have an evacuation plan. Create a family disaster plan
- Have at least one gallon of water per person, per day for three days
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First-aid kit and wet wipes
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- A supply of any medication needed
Temporary Horse Release Program:
If you have not done so already,the deadline to register your horse for the Town of Davie’s Horse Release program is Friday, August 30, 2019, at 5 p.m.
Horse owners must obtain and complete the following forms prior to bringing horses/horse to the hurricane site.
- Completed and signed animal registration form.
- A completed, signed and notarized general release agreement.
- A completed and signed Good Samaritan Act: Immunity from Civil Liability Form.
- Proof of your residency (current utility bill or other forms of identity).
- An original copy of your horse’s current negative coggins report that clearly shows the owner’s address.
Registrations can be made in advance. The number of horses allowed is limited. Stallions will not be permitted. The payment procedure: A registration fee of twenty dollars $20.00 (January 1st to May 31st) and $40.00 (June 1st to November 30th) per horse is required and included with registration forms.
Please contact Anna Francis at 954-797-1153 for more information.
The Town will post any solid waste cancellation/postponement on the Town of Davie’s website at www.davie-fl.govand the Town of Davie’s social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram(@TownofDavie).
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected]and request that your email address be removed from this list.