FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 29, 2019
DAVIE DECLARES LOCAL STATE OF EMERGENCY
HURRICANE DORIAN ADVISORY #4
Para ver en español presione aquí
DAVIE, Fla.- At a Town Council Meeting held today, August 29, 2019, the Davie Town Council declared a local State of Emergency for the Town of Davie.
Governor Ron DeSantis has also issued an Executive Order 19-189, which puts Broward County under a State of Emergency.
- At this time, due to the uncertainty of Hurricane Dorian, the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), Electronics Recycling, Prescription Drug Collection, and Shred-A-Thon scheduled for Saturday, August 31, 2019 is postponed.
- Residents should refrain from cutting trees or doing additional landscaping projects until after this storm passes.
- Residents should not put out bulk items out at this timeas South Florida is currently in the cone of uncertainty for the hurricane. Next week’s bulk pickup schedule (September 2-7, 2019), may be suspended as the storm approaches and bulk items left out can become harmful projectiles in high winds. The Town’s Code Compliance inspectors will issue citations to homeowners who place bulk items both curbside and on the swale.
- Solid/commingled and recyclable materials and carts should be properly secured in a safe, sheltered location.
Hurricane Supply Preparations:
- Create a family disaster plan
- Have at least one gallon of water per person, per day for three days
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First-aid kit and wet wipes
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- A supply of any medication needed
Town of Davie Horse Release Program:
If you have not done so already, the deadline to register your horse for the Town of Davie’s Horse Release programis Friday, August 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Horse owners must obtain and complete the following forms prior to bringing their horse(s) to the release site.
- Completed and signed animal registration form.
- A completed, signed and notarized general release agreement.
- A completed and signed Good Samaritan Act: Immunity from Civil Liability Form.
- Proof of your residency (current utility bill or other forms of identity).
- An original copy of your horse’s current negative coggins report that clearly shows the owner’s address.
Registrations can be made in advance. The number of horses allowed is limited. Stallions will not be permitted. The payment procedure: A registration fee of $40.00 per horse is required and included with registration forms.
The Town will post Hurricane Dorian updates on the Town of Davie’s website at www.davie-fl.govand the Town of Davie’s social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram(@TownofDavie) once the updates become available.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected]and request that your email address be removed from this list.