FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 17, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE #6:
UPDATE ON TOWN OF DAVIE COVID-19 RESPONSE
DAVIE, Fla., - The Town of Davie continues to closely monitor COVID-19 and its impacts on our community. We are working closely with our partners including Broward County, State of Florida, and other local, state and federal organizations to respond to this situation. The Town has set up an email address that residents can send any questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 and Town operations, [email protected].
Bars, Nightclubs and Restaurants
Governor Ron DeSantis has ordered all bars and nightclubs to shut down at 5 p.m., today, March 17, 2020, for the next 30 days. Restaurants are required to cut their crowd capacity by 50%, separate seated customers by a distance of at least six feet, no parties of 10 or more people, and screen employees before allowing them to work to see if they are feeling ill.
Old Davie School Historical Museum
All tours of the museum are canceled until further notice. For more information regarding current or future events, please email or call the office at 954-787-1044. In the meantime, follow them for updates and behind-the-scenes content.
Town Hall Operations
Town of Davie closed all government offices to the public as of Monday, March 16, 2020, at 5 p.m. Residents are urged to continue to contact Town departments through telephone or email. Department and staff directory can be found on our website at www.davie-fl.gov/directory. In addition, the March 18, 2020, Town Council and CRA meetings have been canceled. The next scheduled meetings are April 1, 2020. We encourage residents to reduce exposure to large gatherings and if possible, stay home.
Residents who receive their utility bill from the Town of Davie are encouraged to pay online at www.davie-fl.gov/UtilitiesPaymentCenter. If you need to drop off payments in-person, please utilize the drop box located on the western side of Davie Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive.
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts
Pine Island Multipurpose Center, Aquatics and Fitness Center and Davie Road Arena are closed until further notice.
- Parks, open space and trails will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Park restrooms will not be open.
- Davie Golf and Country Club remains open.
All organized activities including adult and youth sports, travel sports, recreation programming, senior activities and aftercare are suspended.
Town-sponsored special events are canceled for month of March 2020.
- The March 18, 2020, Town Council and CRA meetings have been canceled.
Planning and Zoning Board, Site Plan Committee, and all advisory committee meetings are canceled until further notice
Pre-bid and pre-proposal procurement meetings will be held via teleconferencing.
- Quarterly vendor training sessions are suspended until further notice.
- Broward College has suspended course instructions until March 23, 2020. Remote instructions will begin thereafter.
- University of Florida/IFAS Extension offices is postponing events and programs until April 30, 2020, tentatively.
- Florida Atlantic University has transitioned to temporary remote instruction on Monday, March 16, 2020. In-person classes are tentatively scheduled to resume on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Nova Southeastern University has suspended classes until March 23, 2020. Classes will resume online thereafter.
- Practice good personal hygiene and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Practice “social distancing.” Read More
- If you are sick, stay home. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing and/or severe illness), call the Florida Department of Health at 954-412-7300 BEFORE visiting your health care provider, and follow their instructions.
- Be cognizant of the fact that our seniors are among the most vulnerable. Take steps to help protect the elderly from the spread.
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds, using antibacterial soap and hot water. Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and hot water are not available.
- DON’T TOUCH your face or directly touch public surfaces such as handrails, elevator buttons, restroom faucets, gasoline pumps, etc.
- Town of Davie Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information on our Website
- Subscribe to Emergency Alerts - Everbridge
- Subscribe to Davie News and Announcements
- Text “AlertDavie” to 888-777 to get Everbridge Alerts.
- The resident hotline is not active at this time.
For updated information regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit www.floridahealth.gov or www.cdc.gov. If you are concerned that you have been exposed to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please call the Florida Department of Health in Broward County at 954-412-7300 and your healthcare provider before traveling to any healthcare facility.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant