COVID-19 UPDATE# 34
BROWARD COUNTY PHASE 1 REOPENING BEGINS ON MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020; BEACHES AND BARS REMAIN CLOSED; FACIAL COVERING REQUIREMENTS
DAVIE, Fla. – Broward County has issued Emergency Order 20-10 outlining the intention to begin Phase One of the reopening plans. This order allows limited non-essential businesses throughout Broward County to reopen starting on Monday, May 18, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.
Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-122 which permits Broward County to enter Phase One of the Safe. Smart. Step by Step Plan for Florida’s Recovery outlined in Executive Order 20-112.
Broward County’s restrictions for the openings include requiring visitors to wear face coverings, maintaining at least a six-feet distance from individuals outside of their party, limited active and passive uses by individuals and families, and prohibiting the gathering of groups larger than ten. Residents may provide or obtain services at the following establishments authorized to proceed to Phase 1:
- Restaurants and food establishments may allow on-premises consumption of food and beverage, so long as they adopt appropriate social distancing measures and limit their indoor occupancy to no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy. In addition, outdoor seating is permissible with appropriate social distancing. Appropriate social distancing requires maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between parties, only seating parties of 10 or fewer people and keeping bar counters closed to seating.
- In-store retail sales establishments may open storefronts if they operate at no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy and abide by the safety guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Barbershops, cosmetology salons, and cosmetology specialty salons must adopt appropriate social distancing and precautionary measures and adhere to the following guidelines: customers are by appointment only, allow at least 15 minutes in between appointment for proper disinfecting practices, no group appointments, and masks must be worn by all employees while performing personal services.
- Museums may open at no more than 25 percent of its building occupancy.
- Drive-in theatres may open at no more than 50 percent of its capacity.
- Community Rooms, Fitness Centers and Gyms located within housing developments (commercial Fitness Centers and Gyms are not included in the Phase I reopening)
Businesses/amenities that will not reopen include:
- Beaches (public and private)
- Gyms (Commercial Facilities)
- Entertainment Facilities (including concert halls, movie theatres, auditoriums, video arcades, gymnasiums, fitness studio, and other similar facilities).
- All Town of Davie Facilities (except parks open exclusively for passive use)
Davie Police and Code Enforcement staff will be monitoring the reopening of businesses and working to ensure that businesses understand the re-opening guidelines and obtain cooperative compliance.
Residents are urged to continue to be vigilant as this reopening is not an indication that the pandemic is over. You must stay vigilant to keep yourself and others safe and so we do not have increased spread or a spike in COVID-19 cases.
Facilities must implement certain procedures such as enhanced sanitizing of all common areas and frequent touchpoints. Sanitation and Safety requirements can be located in Amendments 1-8 of Emergency Order 20-10
For the latest updates regarding COVID-19, visit FloridaHealth.gov, email [email protected] or call the COVID Call Center at 954-357-9500.
To update or register for Town-related updates and emergency notifications utilizing the following mediums:
Town of Davie Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information on our Website
Subscribe to Emergency Alerts - Everbridge
Subscribe to Davie News and Announcements
Text “AlertDavie” to 888-777 to get Everbridge Alerts.
The resident hotline, 954-797-1122
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @TownofDavie
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator