FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 2, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE 49
BROWARD COUNTY ISSUES EMERGENCY ORDER 20-20; FACIAL COVERING REQUIREMENTS UPDATED; RESTAURANT HOURS LIMITED
DAVIE, Fla. – To address the rise in COVID-19 cases in Broward County, Deputy County Administrator Monica Cepero has issued Emergency Order 20-20. This order is effective as of Thursday, July 2, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
Facial Covering Requirements
Emergency Order 20-20 states that facial coverings are required in all public spaces where social distancing is not feasible, and further clarification is provided for situations that would require facial coverings. Facial coverings must cover the person’s nose and mouth and comply with the CDC recommendations.
Additional situations requiring facial coverings include:
- All persons in any establishment, business, or amenity operating in Broward County.
- All persons while working in any capacity in an establishment permitted to operate under any Executive Order of the Governor or any Broward County Emergency Order.
- Members of the public when obtaining any good or service or otherwise visiting any establishment, including entering, exiting, and otherwise moving around within the establishment
- All workers of any establishment while involved in the preparation, handling, or service of food.
- All persons while in any common area of a multi-family housing development or residential facility, including without limitation the reception area, hallways, and elevators.
- To the extent expressly required by any Executive Order of the Governor or any Broward County Emergency Order, which may include additional facial covering requirements for specific activities.
For more information, please read Emergency Order 20-20.
Restaurant Hours Limited
The order also limits the operating hours for restaurants and food establishments. Specifically, no establishment will be permitted to serve alcohol or food for on-site consumption between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 5 a.m. Take out, delivery, drive-through, or pickup will still be permitted.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are able, wash their hands often, observe social distancing, limit social gatherings to 10 people or fewer people, and wear a facial covering in public. Social distancing and facial coverings when in public areas are not only required in Broward County, they are critical to slowing the spread of COVID-19. This is especially important during the upcoming July 4th holiday weekend.
Residents are urged to call 311 or visit Mybroward.Broward.org to anonymously report violations.
To update or register for Town-related updates and emergency notification, please utilize the following mediums:
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.