FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 29, 2020
Davie Is Monitoring Tropical Cyclone Nine
DAVIE, Fla. - The Town of Davie is monitoring Tropical Cyclone Nine. The tropical disturbance is forecasted to develop into a Tropical Storm Wednesday, which will then be named Isaias. At this time, the National Hurricane Center has not issued any watches or warnings for South Florida. Residents should remain vigilant and monitor announcements.
Broward County is currently in the 5-day cone of uncertainty. Under this current forecast, tropical storm conditions are possible across South Florida this weekend, with potential for wind and rain impacts. Tropical-storm-force winds could arrive as early as Friday night, but more likely on Saturday. There is a high amount of uncertainty in the details of the track and intensity which makes for details on impacts for South Florida difficult to determine at this time.
Residents are encouraged to take this time to review their emergency supply kit and:
Create a family disaster plan.
- Have at least one gallon of water per person, per day for three to five days, preferably two weeks. Extra water is needed for food preparation and personal hygiene.
- Enough food for three to five days, including non-perishable packaged or canned food, canned or shelf milk, cereal, etc., ice and snack foods.
- Three-to five-day supply of special items for babies such as formula, food, wipes, diapers; special foods for the elderly; toiletries and extra toilet paper.
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First-aid kit and wet wipes
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- A two-week supply of any medication needed.
- Pet food, cat litter, and other pet care items
- Any special personal protective equipment or items you may need.
- Review the Town’s hurricane preparedness guide for more information.
There are multiple ways to register and stay informed about important information from the Town of Davie before, during and after an emergency event:
The Town’s recorded resident information hotline is 954-797-1122. This number will be activated should the Town of Davie Field Operations Center become activated.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases, please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.