FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 29, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE# 57
BROWARD COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR ISSUES EMERGENCY ORDER 20-23; COUNTY EXTENDS CURFEW AND CLARIFIES OTHER EMERGENCY ORDERS
DAVIE, Fla. –Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry issued Emergency Order 20-23 today. This Order extends the existing curfew until Monday, August 3, 2020, at 5 am, clarifies prior County executive orders, and is effective immediately.
The Order does the following:
- While the facial covering requirements remain in full effect, the Emergency Order clarifies that residents are not required to wear them in their home, nor are they liable for facial covering violations of their guests.
- Requires vacation rentals allowed to operate to provide the email and telephone number of their on-site management or security personnel.
- Outdoor, open air events are not permissible unless a reopening or operating plan is submitted to [email protected] and approved by the County Administrator.
- Restaurants and retail establishments have been operating under signage requirements for some time. The signage requirements now apply to all establishments and specifies that signs must be placed conspicuously for easy visibility throughout the establishment, 8.5" x 11” in size, printed in color whenever possible, and posted in English, Creole, and Spanish languages at all main entry points. See Printable Signage
- Clarifies that even though schools are excluded from the definition of “establishments,” schools are strongly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines. All extracurricular and non-academic activities must comply with Attachment 16 of Broward’s Emergency Order 20-21 (Youth Activities and Summer Camps).
- The new Order adds to the list of curfew exemptions to include people returning directly to their homes after one-way vehicular travel of more than 100 miles.
- Clarifies that Attachment 15 governing beaches exempts environmental activities permitted by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission to operate beyond sunrise to sunset (e.g. sea turtle nesting program).
To update or register for Town-related updates and emergency notification, please utilize the following mediums:
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.