FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
WOLF LAKE PARK REOPENS ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2020
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie’s Wolf Lake Park, located at 5400 SW 76th Avenue, will reopen effective Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Davie parks and open spaces are open from 9 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. daily.
While visiting a Town park, residents and visitors must adhere to the restrictions and other guidance for safety and social distancing issued by local and state health officials. Residents are encouraged to bring all necessary provisions, such as hand sanitizer and face coverings with them and properly dispose of all personal protective equipment while visiting Town parks or open spaces.
Town Park Information
For participants in physical activity, they must put on a facial covering upon the completion of an activity following a cool down period. The facial coverings are for use regardless of distance separation or while in the company of same household members. The use of facial covering is strictly enforced. Noncompliance will result in dismissal from the park or may result in closing parks, open spaces or trails.
Davie park amenities open for use:
- Tennis courts are open for singles and doubles play only. Tennis courts at Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex are closed for resurfacing.
- Pickleball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Volleyball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Youth athletic leagues are able to operate by Town permit only. All leagues must adhere to Emergency Order 20-15 and guidelines provided by the leagues sanctioning authority.
- The Skate Park at Bamford Sports Complex will be open with a reduced capacity of 10 participants at a time.
The Town reserves the right to open and close parks, open spaces and amenities as needed without having to issue a new Emergency Order.
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
For the latest updates regarding COVID-19, visit FloridaHealth.gov, email [email protected] or call the COVID Call Center at 954-357-9500.
To update or register for Town-related updates and emergency notifications utilizing the following mediums:
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator