Hurricane Irma Advisory #8
Broward County opened 14 shelters across the county today, September 7, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. The shelters will include Special Needs Shelters, General Population Shelters
and a Pet Friendly Shelter.
The Town will
offer free bus
transportation for Davie residents living in mobile homes to a designated Broward County shelter. Transportation will be available on Thursday, September 7, 2017 from
12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or until weather conditions permit. The buses will run on a continuous cycle for
the duration of the pickup.
General Population Shelters are:
Creek Lyons Creek Middle School
4333 Sol Press Blvd.
Creek Monarch High School
5050 Wiles Rd.
Springs Coral Glades High School
2700 Sportsplex Dr.
Davie Fox Trail
1250 Nob Hill Rd.
Lauderdale Rock Island Elementary
2350 N.W. 19th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33311
Fort Lauderdale Atlantic Technical (Arthur Ashe)
1701 N.W. 23rd Ave.
Park Watkins Elementary School
3250 S.W. 52nd Ave.
Lakes Park Lakes Elementary School
3925 N. State Rd. 7
Miramar Everglades High School
17100 S.W. 48 Court
Renaissance Middle School
10701 Miramar Blvd.
Pembroke Pines West Broward High School
500 N.W. 209 Ave.
Pembroke Pines, 33029
651 N.W. 42nd Ave.
Pompano Beach High
600 N.E. 13 Ave.
Cove Middle School
Pet Friendly Shelter location is:
School/Challenger Elementary School Campus
5803 NW 94th Ave.
(Not a general
Those who are evacuating to
a special needs shelter are reminded to:
- Place identification labels on any medical support equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers and nebulizers.
- Bring all prescription and non-prescription medications
- Have a Personal Support Network contact list which includes phone numbers of family members and friends.
- Personal Information Card with health information including insurance policy numbers, hospital preference, current medications and medical condition.
General Shelter Information:
Residents who choose to evacuate to a shelter are reminded that
shelter only provides basic needs and they should bring the following to make
their stay more comfortable:
- Personal hygiene items
- Bedding such as cots, air mattresses, blankets and pillows for their own use (none will be provided)
- Non-perishable snacks and personal meals
- Extra change of clothing
- Personal items (medications, eyeglasses, hearing aid, flashlights, toothbrushes, battery-operated radio, special diet foods, if appropriate)
- Baby supplies: ample amounts of baby food, formula, juice, diapers and wipes, and a stroller, portable crib or play pen
- Driver's license, other identification
- Cash, traveler's checks
- Important documents
Service animals are permitted in General Population Shelters so long as the pet meets the requirements under Federal law. Visit ADA Requirements for Service Animals for additional information. The Pet Friendly Shelter is available for residents owning pets that are not considered a service animal that live in evacuation areas or mobile homes. Pre-registration is required. Please note, owner access to pets may be limited at times during the emergency. Owners will be sheltered at Challenger Elementary School. Pets will be sheltered at Millennium Middle School. Facilities are adjacent. To register, call the Humane Society at 954-989-3977.