FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 16, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE #72
TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO APPLY FOR THE CARES ACT BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM
DAVIE, Fla. – The deadline for small businesses and non-profits seeking to apply for Broward County's CARES Act Grant Program is today, Monday, November 16, 2020, at 10 p.m.
The program will award grants in the amounts of $5,000, $10,000, and $15,000. The grants can only be used for costs incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are designed to aid small businesses and non-profits.
A total of $35 million from the County’s federal CARES Act funds are allocated to support this grant program; $25 million for small businesses and $10 million for non-profits. Funds are not a loan and do not have to be paid back. Please note that the Town’s allocation of approximately $1 million of CARES Act small business assistance funding will be administered through this program and allocated to Davie businesses only.
Small businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have been in operation since October 1, 2019
- Be legally registered, fully licensed (as required by applicable law), and up to date on tax payments/filings through 2018.
- Have been forced to close (deemed non-essential) by the government, experienced economic injury, or voluntarily closed to support social distancing due to COVID-19
- Have received $15,000 or less of assistance through the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), or State of Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Programs (priority will be given to those who received no EIDL, PPP, or State of Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Assistance)
- Employs 20 employees or less
- Businesses must attest that they have not received more than $5000 in small business funding assistance from any other Broward County Municipality using dedicated CARES Act Funding
- Priority is given to businesses with annual revenues of $1 million or less
Eligible non-profits must meet the following criteria to apply:
- An IRS 501(c)(3) organization or church that has an established non-profit providing social services for community members
- Legally incorporated as a legal business entity in the state of Florida
- Based in and providing services in Broward County since before October 1, 2019
- An organization that employs 25 or less full-time employees as of March 1, 2020
- Evidence of financial losses due to COVID-19 incurred due to COVID-19 during the period that begins March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020
Small businesses and non-profits located within the Town of Davie interested in applying can visit www.Broward.org/CARES to learn more about the eligibility and application requirements or call 954-357-6400 for more information.
Broward County also recommends that interested parties watch the How to Apply video tutorial before beginning the application process.
About the CARES Act Program
As part of the CARES Act sub-award agreement, the Town of Davie is participating in the Broward County CARES Act grant program established to assist small businesses and non-profit organizations throughout the County. This program was created to help mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. The program criteria are available for review at https://www.broward.org/cares/Pages/SmallBusinessAssistance.aspx#GrantAwards
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Email: [email protected]
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Email: [email protected]