FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 16, 2020
TOWN OF DAVIE PUBLIC NOTICE ON SEWER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
Temporary Road Closure Near Marlboro and Vue on 67 Apartments
DAVIE, Fla. - Town of Davie Utilities Department will continue sanitary sewer collection system improvements in the neighborhood located near Marlboro and Vue on 67 Apartments (see map). A temporary road closure will take place near Marlboro and Vue on 67 Apartments from November 17 to 20, 2020. Typical work hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The work will be performed by Lanzo Lining Services, Inc. and will include:
- Sanitary sewer pipe repairs, which may require one traffic lane closure at the intersection of SW 41st Drive & SW 67th Avenue
- Sanitary sewer lining using a trenchless Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) method, which requires minimum digging and access to sewer pipes is via existing manholes. The crew will insert a flexible liner inside the old pipe to create a new, watertight, smooth-surfaced, long-lasting pipe within the existing, old pipe.
- SW 67th Avenue from Orange Drive to SW 41st Drive closed in each direction
- SW 67th Avenue is available to local traffic only. A detour will reroute individuals to SW 64th Avenue and SW 41st Court
What to Expect During this Project:
- Traffic Disruptions - construction crew will need to excavate at the intersection of SW 41st Drive & SW 67th Avenue. Most of the sewer lining work along SW 41st Drive going west, will be completed through manholes. SW 67th Avenue will require a temporary closure.
- Outdoor Noise - Utilities’ vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor - customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel, or a zip-bag filled with water.
- “In-pipe” Noise - customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process. Covering drains can help reduce “in-pipe” noises.
- Limit Your Water Use - customers are asked to make limited use of toilets, showers, and refrain from running washer machines.
Work may need to be continued overnight and customers will be notified via door hangers. There may be inactivity between some phases of the work schedule.
If you have any additional questions regarding this project, please contact the Town of Davie Utilities Department directly at 954-327-3742 (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or 954-327-3750 (after hours) or visit our website at www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases, please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.