FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DECEMBER 30, 2020
2021 RESIDENTIAL BULK TRASH COLLECTION SCHEDULES ARE NOW AVAILABLE
DAVIE, Fla - The Town of Davie’s 2021 Residential Bulk Trash Collection Schedules are available on the Town’s website. Please note that the date of your collection depends on whether you live in a designated green or gold area, according to the bulk maps (see links below).
Each area has a designated week. Single-family bulk collection is one day per month and the Condo/Multifamily schedule is located on both maps.
2021 Bulk Schedule
Bulk Waste Guidelines
Bulk waste includes household items such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpets, padding and fencing. It may also include yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches, and palm fronds.
To ensure bulk waste pickup, follow these guidelines:
- The collection takes place once a month. Check the collection schedule for more information.
- Bulk piles should be no more than 15 cubic yds.
- Place bulk waste items curbside in a neat and orderly manner before 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Collection will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk pile away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
- Tree trimmings, branches, and palm fronds should be arranged in a neat and orderly manner curbside.
- Tree trunks, logs, and large limbs should be stacked neatly at the curb and should not exceed 5’ in length or 75lbs in weight.
- Roll and securely tie rugs, carpets and padding, fencing, and other similar items.
- Items that cannot be picked up by the service truck, such as piles of leaves, small piles of twigs, or other loose material, must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs. Loose items will not be picked up. These items may be placed in your garbage cart.
The Condo/Multifamily schedule is located on both maps and is listed below:
Condo/Multifamily with Dumpsters
Bulk Collection occurs four times per year:
- February 4 – 6, 2021
- May 6 – 8, 2021
- August 5 – 7, 2021
- November 4 – 6, 2021
For more information on bulk waste requirements, accepted and unaccepted items or special tips, view the Bulk Waste Collection information sheet.
Residential Drop-Off Center
Broward County Residential Drop-Off Centers (RDOC) has resumed collection for bulk trash, yard waste, and electronics recycling at its locations. Due to COVID-19, Davie residents may only utilize the Central Residential Drop-Off Center located at 5490 Reese Road, Davie, FL 33313, for bulk disposal on January 2, 2021. Thereafter, Davie residents will be scheduled to use the Central Residential Drop-Off Center every other Saturday.
This alternating schedule is necessary to allow County staff to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing by only accepting a manageable number of residents at a given time. The schedule will be reevaluated and updated in January 2021. Please note that the County has made operational changes:
- Abbreviated hours every Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. until further notice.
- Only two individuals per vehicle will be allowed to unload their bulk/yard waste at the RDOC.
- Residents will be required to wear a face-covering while unloading bulk/yard waste at the RDOC.
Residents utilizing the facility must bring proof of residency (photo ID and a document that shows your official address such as a tax bill, TRIM notices, voter registration, utility bill, or another official government-issued document).
Residents will be required to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and other safety measures which will be communicated through posted signage located throughout the Centers.
For additional information regarding the drop-off center, please visit https://www.broward.org/WasteAndRecycling/WasteDisposal/Pages/DropOffCenters.aspx
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email email@example.com and request that your email address be removed from this list.