Posted on September 11, 2017 at 12:15 p.m.
Mandatory Curfew for Broward County Residents Lifted at 10 a.m. today, Monday, September 11
Hurricane Irma Advisory #17
Broward County is no longer under any weather watches or warnings; however we are under a Coastal Flood Advisory until 5 p.m. today.
Broward County has lifted the curfew as of 10 a.m. today, Monday, September 11, 2017. However, residents should proceed with extreme caution. Residents may still experience difficulties along some roadways as waters may not have completely receded from some areas.
If you come to a signalized intersection that is not functioning, please treat it as a four-way stop.
Boil Water Notices:
- Davie Utilities customers remain under a precautionary boil water order. This boil water notice impacts residents who receive a Utility bill from the Town of Davie.
- Davie residents receiving water service from Broward County and the City of Hollywood are also under a mandatory boil water order. This boil water notice impacts residents who receive a Utility bill from Broward County or the City of Hollywood.
- Due to the impact from Hurricane Irma, the Town of Davie has experienced several water main breaks. The Davie Utilities is running low on water and is asking residents to conserve water for the next few days until we fix the water main breaks.
- For tips on how to make your water safe for consumption, please visit broward.org.
Town of Davie Closures/Cancellations:
- All Town of Davie governmental offices will remain closed on Monday, September 11, 2017.
- All Town of Davie organized sports activities will remain cancelled until further notice.
- All Town of Davie parks will remain closed until further notice.
- The Town of Davie Green and Blue Bus Routes will continue to suspend services until further notice.
- All recycling and trash service will remain cancelled until further notice.
- Regular garbage and recycling service is cancelled until further notice.
Residents are strongly encouraged not to go outside or wade in standing flood water, which can contain contaminants such as sewage and chemicals. Children or pets are strongly discouraged from going outside or playing in flood waters. Following a heavy storm, sharp debris could be hidden in the water and cause injury. Standing water also may contain harmful bacteria that could cause infection. If downed power lines are hidden under standing water, there is the risk of electrocution.
To report downed powerlines and outages, please call 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243).
Call 866-9-NO-SCAM to report price gouging related to Hurricane Irma. Visit the Attorney General’s website for more information on price gouging.
The Town will be posting updates on social media, Facebook at Town of Davie, FL, follow us on Twitter @TownofDavie, Instagram at townofdavie, visit www.davie-fl.gov or residents are encouraged to monitor the Town of Davie’s recorded Hurricane Hotline at 954-797-1122.