FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 2, 2021
THE TOWN OF DAVIE SERVES AS A COLLECTION SITE TO AID HAITI RELIEF EFFORTS
DAVIE, Fla. – In response to the recent natural disasters that impacted Haiti, several Town of Davie facilities will serve as a collection site for the Haiti disaster relief efforts starting today, September 2, 2021. The sites will accept donations through October 1, 2021.
Items can be dropped off during hours of operation at the Town of Davie locations listed below. Please note upcoming holidays may affect hours of operation.
Town of Davie Drop Off Locations:
Monday - Friday
- Police Department: 1230 S. Nob Hill Road | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fire Rescue Administration: 6901 Orange Drive | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Town Hall: 6591 Orange Drive | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pine Island Multipurpose Center: 3801 S. Pine Island Road | 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aquatic and Fitness Center: 3800 SW 92nd Avenue | 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
- Davie Aquatic and Fitness Center: 3800 SW 92nd Avenue | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Walmart Supercenter located in Davie will also serve as a drop-off point. The hours of operation are:
Monday - Sunday
- Walmart Supercenter: 4301 S. University Drive | 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Accepting New, Unused, and Unexpired Items:
Medical & Toiletry
Glucose testing strips
Motrin Child Oral Drops
Fingertip pulse oximeters
Benadryl Allergy Caps
Manual blood pressure cuffs
Benadryl Elixir (OTC)
Bags of Rice
Women’s Sanitary Items
Diapers/ Baby Wipes
Depends (Adult Diapers)
Pepcid AC Tablets
We ask that you follow the donation items provided and make no substitutions. For information about the donation drive, please call Davie Police Department's Public Relations Coordinator, Sarah Andeara at 954-693-8333.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant