FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
DAVIE ROAD PHASE III ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT NOTICE
Project to occur between SW 39th Street and Orange Drive (SW 45th Street)
DAVIE, Fla. – On Monday, September 20, 2021, the Town of Davie will commence the Davie Road Phase III roadway improvements project. The project will take place on Davie Road from SW 39th Street to Orange Drive (SW 45th Street) (see image).
Project improvements include:
- Construction of new landscaped medians and sidewalk planters
- New American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant sidewalks
- New mid-block pedestrian crossings, streetscape upgrades, and bus stop amenities
- Curb, gutter, and drainage modifications
- Electrical service upgrades
- New pedestrian-level street lighting
- New mast arm school flashing crossing sign
- Milling, resurfacing, and road widening
- New pavement markings and signage
Construction will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The project is anticipated to be completed by September 2022.
Please note that traffic will be reduced to one open lane in each direction. Motorists are encouraged to take alternate routes to avoid delays or traffic congestion on route to their destinations, whenever possible. Both vehicular and pedestrians traffic will be impacted by the roadwork.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as the Town completes the project improvements.
For questions regarding this project, please contact Mike Grillo, FG Construction Operational Manager at 954-766-4053, Jim Newman, Project Administrator at 904-254-2626, or AJ Ajayi, Assistant Town Engineer at 954-797-1096.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant