There are a few ways you can control stormwater runoff on your lawn. A professional landscaper trained in stormwater management can help you find the best methods of management for the layout and slope of your yard.
A few ways stormwater can be managed in a yard to prevent flooding that can damage gardens, homes, and more, include:
- Rain gardens, particularly on slopes where water rushes down into other parts of the yard, sidewalks, or roads
- A drain system that catches water runoff and treats it underneath the ground
- Hardscaping elements designed to strategically re-route the water and reduce erosion, like stone walls and permeable walkways
- Dry or wet ponds to catch and hold water runoff
- Use mulch or compost in your garden to help prevent soil erosion.